CHILD RESCUESM is a ministry initiative of Student Ministry Essentials, Inc. CR is the arm of SME that assist with and supports abolitionist efforts in exposing, disrupting and eliminating international human trafficking and sexual exploitation of children and teens.
CHILD RESCUE is Service/Trademarked to Student Ministry Essenitials, Inc.
EASY 1 2 3 PROCESS
2. Pay your deposit (if you are registering with a church sponsored trip - there is NO approval process or waiting for an approved application)
3. Send in your required documents on time (insurance waiver, contract/agreement & passport copy)
4. Pay your balance on time
The $250 deposit confirms your registration.
You are not officially registered until you have paid your deposit!
After registration you or someone else can use the button below to make payments/donations towards your trip balance/cost.
To donate towards someone else or for yourself, use the DONATE button below.
If you would like to make a donation towards someone who is going on an ANTI TRAFFICKING mission trip please use the doante button below to pay by credit card or paypal. You may also wish to write a check - if so, make all checks payable to SME or Student Ministry Essentials and put (Child Rescue/name of participant) in the memo line. Mail to 3616 harden Blvd. #362 Lakeland, FL 33803
You will have the chance to enter the name of the person you are donating/paying for during the check out process. The text will look like this: [ Apply this donation to (name) ]
If you choose to pay by Credit Card, be sure to look to the lower-left of the PayPal section and click on "continue". If you do not click the "continue" text, you will not be forwarded to the credit card payment option.
(be sure to put the name you want credited with this payment in the comment section)
There are three items you must provide 60 days prior to departure:
1. Agreement/Contract signed and returned (downloadable online at registration page)
2. Insurance waiver signed and returned (downloadable online at registration page)
3. A good copy/scan of your passport/photo page
All of these documents may be completed and submitted electronically and emailed to email@example.com / by fax 863.284.5684 or by mail 3616 Harden Blvd. #362 Lakeland, FL 33803
Isaiah 1:17 gives us a clear mandate: Seek justice, encourage the oppressed, defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case for the widow. Isaiah is pleading with a nation and generation who was blind to the plight and suffering of their fellow human beings. Not that our cause is to a be social antidote to the world’s hurts but rather much more. We, by our actions and response to human suffering, are to introduce Christ to the forgotten and invisible. Through meeting basic human needs, rescuing the oppressed and bringing freedom to the captive, the hopeless learn trust, the faithless discover belief, and the helpless gain assurance while the love of Christ is demonstrated. What we do in the name of Christ gives us a platform from which the lost may know, hear and see the love of Christ amidst an evil and dehumanizing enemy.
A huge passion of SME is to assist with intervention and relief projects that relieve the suffering of countless international children and teens. Currently we are partnering with several agencies to provide anti-trafficking initiatives in the country of Honduras. All of our mission trips deal exclusively with the issue of trafficking and our projects deal directly with some component essential to the fight. Typically, our teams build houses for the poorest of the poor that live at and near the capital city trash dump. Preventing children from being sold or traded or forced to work at the dump is the greatest prevention measure we can take. Providing a house/hut for a screened family at risk produces a ripple effect to break the cycle of trafficking. 1. It provides a safe place to sleep rather than cardboard huts or tents, thereby reducing the pressure for parents to be tricked into selling their children. 2. It removes children and teens from the high risk environment of the dump where criminal activity is rampant. 3. Rather than being on the dump 6 days per week, kids now attend a nearby Christian school built and dedicated for dump community ministry.
When children are safe, educated and exposed to the saving power of Christ, all things become new. One house at $5,500-$6,500 provides shelter and safety for those most venerable to the trafficking system.
Would you like to purchase Tee Shirts for awareness and support
- Child Trafficking is one of the fastest growing crimes in the world. Child trafficking is the world’s second largest criminal enterprise, after drugs. U.S. State Department
- The primary targets of criminal purchase, abduction and slave trade are orphans and the destitute poor in or near large cities.
- The global market of child trafficking is over $15 billion a year with over 1.4 million child victims and another estimated 1 million teens and young adults. UNICEF
- Approximately 80% of trafficking involves sexual exploitation, with 19% involving agricultural or industry labor exploitation.
- In most under-developed and third world countries the legal age for prostitution is 16. It is common practice to ignore any violation involving a minor, age 13-15.
- 20% of girls forced into the sex slave trade are between 9-12 years of age.
- The average age of entry for children victimized by the sex trade industry is 12 years. U.S. Department of Justice
- International monitoring groups estimate the total number of trafficked persons in all categories and ages is 24 million.
- 54% of victims were trafficked due to extreme poverty, 79% can’t write, 50% can’t read and 95% work 7 days a week.
- Approximately 80% of human trafficking victims are women and girls and up to 50% are minors. U.S. State Department
- 70% of rescued victims say they serviced between 5 & 13 men daily.
- 70% of rescued victims report being gang-raped.
2012 Trip Dates
Preview Trip: (for leaders) April 8-11, 2012 (flexible if needed)
Summer (July 6-13) Calvary Baptist
Mission Trip Code: HO12-07CR
Deposit & Application Deadline: April 1st ($250)
Airfare cost due: May 1st ($700) Appx/Estimate
Balance due: June 1st ($950)
Trip Total - $1,900
Project Funds due (in addition to trip cost)
Land aquisition/slab: March 1st ($2,500)
Building materials, fees: May 1st ($3,000)
Fall trip - Open - Oct 5-12, 2012
Deposit & Application Deadline: July 1st ($250)
Airfare cost due: August 1st ($700)
Balance due: September 1st ($950)
Trip Total - $1,900
Project Funds due (in addition to trip cost)
Land aquisition/slab: July 1st ($2,500)
Building materials, fees: September 1st ($3,000)
To register click the button below
Sposor a team from your church, company or organization
Sponsor a trip financially for others to provide the hands while you provide the means.
Three step registration
1. Fill out the electronic registration from below.
2. Send your deposit
3. Fill out and send in your supporting documents 1. Your personal or group Agreement Form, 2. The Insurnce Waiver, and 3. A high resolution picture of your passport photo and information
You can download a copy of the Mission Trip Contract, Insurance form and waiver at top right of page.
I like the story of the starfish:
A man was walking on the beach after a storm and witnessed thousands of starfish washed up on shore. He sat down and pondered how helpless they were out of water and that most all would eventually die from sun exposure. He then observed another beach walker who had come upon the same scene. But this man was bending over, picking up starfish and throwing them back into the sea. The first man spoke up saying: Why are you doing that? You do realize that your efforts are incidental and meaningless among so many. What you are doing makes no difference in the big picture. The man bent over and picked up another starfish and as he turned to throw it into the sea, he said: it certainly makes a difference to this one!
There are so many children being exploited around the globe, how can you make a difference - one human being at a time. Your efforts in caring make take many forms, but multiplied in the hands of God will make all the difference in the world to the one God uses you to rescue. Perhaps God has chosen you to be some little girl or boys answer to prayer. Just because you can’t do everything, should not prevent you from doing something!
Just because my kids are safe and your kids are safe, does not mean the rest of the world's kids are safe. In fact, human trafficking, child sex trade, slave labor and child soldiers have been steadily increasing over the past decade to the point where it is the #2 criminal enterprise, second only to the illegal drug trafficking. Often, the two go hand-in-hand.
Child Rescue seeks to provide direct support through personal involvement, financial assistance, and increased awareness to accomplish a threefold purpose.
PURCHASE TEE SHIRTS FOR AWARENESS AND SUPPORT
1. Direct Victim Relief: CR supplies direct and collaborative assistance to those striving for the immediate relief and rescue of child slaves and sex trade victims.
2. Victim Care: CR helps sponsor transitional counseling and skills training for those who have been rescued from the hands of evil. CR provides support to rehab centers and shelters who are involved in the tender job of salvaging, reshaping and transforming the lives of victims so that they may experience the transforming power of Christ from the inside out and return to a productive new life in Christ.
3. Community Awareness: The simple truth is this; no Christian can hear, see or know what is happening every hour of every day and feel no compulsion to do something. Maybe you feel led to pray, others to give, still others to carry the torch of awareness and mobilization. Get your church, school or youth group involved in some way, on some level and see what God will produce through your efforts.
Examples of Exploitive Activity
Human Trafficking (abduction, forced prostitution or labor)
Ways to be involved
1. Financial: Give a general donation. Give a memorial gift.
Become a member of TEAM RESCUE $10-99 per month for one year.
Join the DEFENDER CLUB by giving $100-199 per month for one year.
Become a TENDER WARRIOR by giving $200 or more monthly for one year.
I know we cant do everything, but we can do something!
2. Awareness: Pray privately, corporately and involve others in prayer.
Host an awareness event - RESCUE. By hosting an event that promotes awareness, you will be helping others in your church, school or organization be inspired to ACT.
Set aside time to expose the depth of the problem, inspire people to participate in the solution is rewarding and productive.
Become a Viral spokesperson by pointing people to your Facebook link or other digital forms of connection. There is nothing God can not use.
3. Mission Action: Be hands-on or indirectly connect to an on-site initiative. Let SME prepare a mission action trip for you or your group that matches your budget, skill set and passions.